My bills and payments

Other payment options

We offer a range of flexible payment options, just choose the one that's easiest for you.

Internet or phone banking

You can pay by bank transfer using your internet or phone banking service

Here's what you'll need:

  • Our sort code: 40-11-18
  • Our account number: 40770132
  • Account payee: South Staffs Water (This is the trading name of the registered company which also trades as Cambridge Water) 
  • Your customer reference number - ensure you include this as the payment reference so we know you've paid 

Payments can take up to three working days to reach us.

By post

Please make cheques payable to Cambridge Water and write your customer reference number on the back. Please don't send cash in the post, as we won't be able to credit lost cash to your account.

Send your cheque or postal order with the completed payment slip to:

Cambridge Water
P.O. Box 7040

Cheques will be processed within two days of us receiving them.

If a cheque is returned unpaid, we will make an administration charge of £5 to cover bank costs.

At a bank or a Post Office

Take your payment slip to a bank, or a Post Office. They might make a charge for using this service.

Building societies can sometimes take your payment but may make a charge.

It can take 7 to 14 days for your payment to reach us.

Pay by instalments with Giro payment slips

If you don't live near to a PayPoint outlet and would like to pay in person at a bank or Post Office by instalments, we can send you Giro payment slips showing the due date and payment amount.

You will receive your Giro payment slips within 5 working days from request.

Call us

If you want to make a debit or credit card payment over the phone please call us. Please have your customer reference number to hand when making your payment.

Billing & account line
01223 706050

Payments by credit or debit card are free.

Please note we are unable to accept payments via American Express or Diners credit cards.

Direct from your benefits (Water Direct)

If you receive benefits you may be able to have payments deducted directly from them to pay your water bill.

Please contact us for more information and to make an application.