My bills and payments
If we are unable to install a water meter at your property, you may be able to choose an assessed charge for your water and sewerage services.
An assessed charge can be applied in two situations:
- For unmetered household premises that do not have a rateable value at 31 March 1990 and where a meter cannot be installed
- For unmetered household premises where the occupier requests a meter, but cannot be metered – for example, because it is too costly or technically difficult to fit a meter
Important: This tariff is only available to customers with restricted circumstances. It is not available as an alternative to metering if we decide it would be reasonable and practical to install a meter.
|Property type||Assessed charge for water per year|
|Other (including single occupier*)||£89.40|
* Proof of single occupancy will be required i.e. council tax bill.
We can't offer you assessed charges if
- A meter can be fitted at a reasonable cost
- You refuse to pay any additional costs for the installation of a meter in an alternative location
- You refuse to carry out any work needed for the meter to be installed