My bills and payments
If you are on a low income we may be able to help by putting a bill cap on your charges for water and sewerage services.
WaterSure is a national scheme designed to help families save money if they use a lot of water and receive certain income-related benefits.
To be on the tariff you must have a water meter fitted. Customers on WaterSure pay for the water they use, up to a fixed maximum at which their bill is capped. This bill cap ensures that customers will pay less than the average household water bill.
Requirements for WaterSure
Before you make an application, please check that you:1. Have a water meter
Don't have a water meter?
Find out how to switch to a meter >2. Are in receipt of one of these income-related benefits:
- Universal credit
- Housing benefit
- Income support
- Pension credit
- Income-based job seeker's allowance
- Working tax credit
- Child tax credit (you must be receiving more than just the family element)
- Income-related employment and support allowance
3. And have either:
- Three or more children under the age of 19 living in the household for whom the person receiving benefit also claims child benefit
- Someone living in your household, who has a medical condition which means they use a lot of extra water:
- Desquamation (flaky skin loss)
- Kidney failure requiring home dialysis (where the health authority does not contribute to payment of the water bill)
- Crohn’s disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Abdominal stomas
- Weeping skin diseases (eczema, psoriasis, varicose ulceration)
- Or any other medical condition for which a qualified medical practitioner has provided a certificate or written evidence confirming the requirement for additional water use, and as a result of that condition uses a significant additional amount of water
ImportantYou do not qualify for the scheme if you water your garden with a non-handheld appliance such as a sprinkler or domestic irrigation system, or if you have an auto-fill swimming pool, or a pond with a capacity of over 10,000 litres.
WaterSure charges 2023/2024
This is a fixed annual charge.
|£ per year
|WaterSure tariff rate
|Sewerage services (including surface water drainage)
|Sewerage services (without surface water drainage)
*Provided by Anglian Water, includes a fixed charge to cover highway drainage.
WaterSure application form
To apply, download this application form and return it to us with a photocopy of your supporting evidence.