Extra help

We offer a range of support options to help you manage your debt. We also work alongside other organisations that can offer you additional support to help you deal with your debt.

Water and wastewater services have to be paid for, but we know that finding the money can be difficult sometimes. For more detailed information on how we can support you, please take a look at the Water Charges and Bills section of our Code of Practice here, which outlines some of the tariffs we offer and support available to you.

Bill assistanceSocial tariffs are available to assist customers on low incomes or who are struggling to pay their water charges; it aims to reduce water poverty and make our bills more affordable. 

Assure tariff

The Assure tariff is to assist customers on a low income or struggling to pay >


Watersure is a bill cap scheme. If you are on a low income we may be able to help by putting a limit on your charges for water and sewerage services >

Water Direct

If you are eligible for benefits, you may be able to have your water bill paid directly from your benefits payments >

Easy ways to pay

We offer a range of options to help you manage your payments >

Payment breaks

We understand that everyone's financial situation is different. Our payment breaks are for anyone who is temporarily unable to make their payments >

Flexible payment plans

We offer flexible payment plans to help you manage your debt. Please get in touch and we can advise you of your options >

Help if you live alone

If you are living alone and we are unable to fit a water meter at your property, you have the choice of switching to a fixed single occupier tariff. Find out more about our assessed charges >

Compare our special tariffs

Find out which of our special tariffs would be best for you >

Other ways to save
Saving water can help you to save money too - from water meters to water-saving tips, find out how you can reduce your bill.

Trial a water meter

Switching to a water meter can help you save money on your bill, with the average household saving £100 when switching. You're also covered by a two-year, switch-back guarantee - so you can switch back for free, if you don't see any savings. Try the water meter calculator to see how much you could save >

Save water

Take a look at our advice on saving water, which could help you to reduce your water and energy bills >

Additional support
If you require additional support, there is a lot of help available from other organisations, who can offer specialist support and assistance.

Financial hardship fund
The South Staffordshire Water Charitable Trust is a registered charity set up to help people in financial difficulties. It assists customers facing genuine difficulties or distress with the cost of meeting their bill and arrears. Find out more.

National Debtline
If you want independent advice, you can freephone the National Debtline on 0808 808 4000. (Lines are open Monday to Friday 9am - 9pm and Saturday 9.30am - 1pm).

Citizens' Advice Bureau
Helps people resolve their legal, money and other problems by providing free, independent and confidential advice. Find your nearest branch or call 03444 111 444.

StepChange Debt Charity
The UK's leading debt advice organisation, expert in helping people to manage and repay their debts.  If you're struggling to keep on top of your money, a simple debt check will give you straightforward advice based on your circumstances. Visit the website or freephone 0800 138 1111.

Money Advice Service
Free and impartial advice set up by the government to help improve your finances, as well as providing online tools and calculators to help you plan ahead. Visit the website or freephone 0800 138 7777.

Low income pensioner discount
If you are a pensioner on a low income, you may be entitled to pension credit. To find out more, freephone 0800 99 1234.

Working Tax Credit
If you are earning a low wage and have a family,  you may be entitled to working families tax credit. To find out more, call 0345 300 3900. (Calls to 03 numbers cost the same as calling 01 and 02 numbers).

Boost your income with online tools
The Consumer Council for Water (CCWater) has teamed up with national poverty relief charity Turn2us to provide a benefits calculator and grants search tool, which you can use to identify ways to support your income.

Help us, help you
Letting us know about your situation means that we can offer you the right support.

Join our Priority Services Register

We also offer extra help in other ways, including password schemes and bill services (such as large print and braille). If you, or anyone you know, would benefit from additional support, please join our Priority Services Register.

Are you already receiving support from other organisations?

Please let us know if you are receiving benefits or have approached other organisations for help, such as social services, Department for Work and Pensions and JobCentre Plus, so that we can put a hold on your account while your case is being looked into.


If you are having difficulties paying your water bill it is important that you contact us as soon as possible either online or by calling. 

Difficulty paying?
0800 587 7701

Calls to 0800 are free.