Would I be better off on a meter?
Most household customers can have a water meter fitted free of charge.
If you have a meter you only pay for the water you use so you may find you’ll save money.
There are a number of benefits to switching to a meter:
- Metered prices are lower than unmetered prices
- People with a meter tend to use less water
- Using less water means lower water bills and lower energy bills for heating water
- Using less water is helpful to the environment
- Special tariffs if you’re on a low income
- Help spot leaks on your property
- If you do find your charges are higher you have 2 years to change back to rateable value
Use the water meter calculator The Consumer Council for Water (CCWater) provides an accurate water meter calculator for customers.
Business customers As part of our commitment to promote fairer billing and respect the environment, and in line with Government guidelines, we have a policy of metering all non-household properties.
If you still pay based on the rateable value of your property you’ll be contacted to arrange for a meter to be installed. If you want to change sooner, please contact us.