Making a complaint

Making a complaint

We aim to provide you with an excellent service, but sometimes things can go wrong. We take complaints very seriously, so if you are not happy with our service we will do our best to put things right.

Need more help?
We aim to get things right first time, but if things do go wrong we’ll fix them quickly for you.

Step 1
If you have a complaint please call us in the first instance. Our overriding aim is to resolve your complaint as efficiently and effectively as possible and if possible we will provide an immediate response.

While we don't provide sewerage services, we bill and collect charges for used water and surface water drainage on behalf of Anglian Water so that you only receive a single bill.

We will answer complaints about sewerage charges, but if your complaint is about your sewerage pipes or services, please contact Anglian Water.

01223 706050

If you are not happy with the outcome of your call, you can write to us:

Customer Relations
Cambridge Water
PO Box 7040
Green Lane

We aim to resolve complaints within 5 working days, but from time to time there can be reasons this may take a little longer. Under our Guaranteed Standard of Service, if we fail to respond to your written complaint within 10 working days, we will automatically issue you with a payment of £30.

You can also contact us via Facebook or Twitter, or give us a call for a quick response to your query, as we aim to reach a resolution at first point of contact.

Step 2

We hope that you will always be satisfied with our response, but if not, please write to our Service Delivery Team Manager at the same address.

Step 3
If you are not happy with the final resolution, your issue is over eight-weeks-old, or you just want some free, trusted, independent advice, then you can call the Consumer Council for Water (CCW). You can contact CCW, the independent voice for water consumers in England and Wales, by calling 0300 034 2222 or using its online form at