Our five year business plan
Cambridge Water is a trading name of South Staffordshire Water Plc. At South Staffordshire Water Plc ("we","SSW","us or the Company") we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1988 the data controller is South Staffordshire Water Plc. The Company is registered in England and Wales; company number 2662742, with its registered office at Green Lane, Walsall, WS2 7PD.
Information we collect from you
We, our agents and Group Companies (which means our parent company South Staffordshire plc. and its subsidiaries) may collect and process the following information about you:
- information that you provide by filing in forms on our website(s) (the "Site") including our Customer Portal. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report any problem with our site;
- information about your SSW customer account, including your name, address, postcode, date of birth, national insurance number, telephone number including landline and mobile, your email address, payment details including payments made by post, online, telephone or directly from your bank (such as a direct debit or standing order) (Personal Information);
- we may ask you to complete surveys that we use for marketing and research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of transactions you carry out through our Site;.
- information relating to the supply of water and ancillary services and products that you have enquired about or that we have provided to you;
- any sensitive information such as health issues that affect our supply of water and other products to you or the administration of your account;
- if you contact or provide us with information we may keep a record of that contact including any correspondence;
- details of your visits to our site including but not limited to traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is used for our own purposes or otherwise.
What we do with your personal information
We, our agents and Group Companies may use your Personal Information to:
- service and administer your SSW account (including dealing with enquiries, complaints and unpaid bills) and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- keep our records accurate and up-to-date (this may include passing your information to companies who specialise in data cleansing);
- create statistical information and carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling;
- to comply with statutory and regulatory functions and obligations;
- to help prevent and detect debt, fraud and loss;
- for research purposes which includes us or our service partners, agents and Group Companies contacting you by phone, SMS, email or post to obtain your views on the services we provide.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
We may allow other people and organisations to use the Personal Information we hold about you. We may disclose your Personal Information to any of our Group Companies. We may also disclose your Personal Information to our agents, partners, subcontractors and advisors:
- to provide services you have asked for, which may include providing information to members of your family or household or anyone acting on your behalf or other people who may be interested (such as landlords or letting agents);
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or purchase of such business or assets;
- if SSW or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- to help prevent and detect debt, fraud or loss we may share your information with other utilities, local authorities, government departments, housing associations, charities, credit reference agencies, debt collection and tracing agencies and other companies for use in any credit decisions
- if your account is unpaid, we may pass your information to tracing and debt collection agencies or other third parties;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation (including as required by a lawyer, government body, court or regulator such as Ofwat); or as part of current or future legal action;
Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies
We will check your Personal Information with one of more credit-reference and fraud-prevention agencies to help us make decision about your ability to make payments on the goods and services we can offer you. Below, we have give a brief guide about how we, the credit reference and fraud prevention agencies will use your information.
(a) We will search at credit reference and fraud prevention agencies for information about you and the people that are jointly liable or payment. If you are providing information about other people you must make sure that they agree that we can use their information to do this. If you give us false or inaccurate information we will record this and may also pass this information to fraud prevention agencies and other organisations involved in crime and fraud prevention (such as the Police and HM Revenue & Customs) who may use this information.
(b) We and other organisations may also access and use information about you that credit reference and fraud prevention agencies give to us for example:
- to check your identity and the identity of other people who are jointly liable for payment;
- to undertake checks for the prevention and detection of crime, fraud and or money laundering;
- we may use scoring methods to assess our future relationship and to verify your identity;
- to assess your account and decide what payment terms would best suit your circumstances;
- to manage your personal and/or business account (if you a have one) with us;
- to undertake periodic statistical analysis or testing to ensure the accuracy of existing and future products and services.
Any or all of these processes may be automated
(c) if you have an account with us:
- we will give details of your account, including names and parties to the account and how you manage it/them to a credit reference agency;
- if you owe us money and do not repay money that you owe in full or on time, credit agencies will record this as a debt. They may give this information to other organisations and fraud prevention agencies to carry out similar checks, find out where you are and deal with money you owe. The credit reference agencies keep records for six years after your account has been closed, you have paid your final debt or action has been taken against you to recover the debt.
- we may make periodic searches of our own records and at credit reference agencies to manage your account with us, including whether to review your existing payment terms or recover monies due to us. We may also check with fraud prevention agencies to prevent or detect fraud.
- if you have used our services, vacate premises and do not make payments you owe us we will trace your whereabouts and recover debts.
(d) where credit-reference agencies receive a search from us, they will record this on your credit file.
(e) if you want to see what information credit reference and fraud prevention agencies hold about you, you can contact the following agencies. They will charge you a fee:
Experian, Consumer Help Service, PO Box 491, Leeds, LS3 1WZ.
Phone: 0870 241 6212
Equifax Plc, Credit File Advice Centre, PO Box 1140, Bradford, BD1 5US
Phone: 0844 335 0550
From time to time we may tell you about goods and services which may be of interest to you. These might come from us or from carefully selected third parties. We may need to share your Personal Information with others in order to do this and we or they may contact you by post, or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about products and/or services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about products and/or services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. We may also contact you by email if you specifically consent to this.
If you don't want us to use your Personal Information in this way or pass your details onto carefully selected third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your personal data.
Email and mobile phone numbers
You acknowledge and agree that we may treat specific actions by you, such as sending us an email, supplying us with an email address for customer services to respond to you, as a request that we may, where necessary, communicate in our response personal or account information by email. We reserve the right to select an alternative method to communicate with you. We may update your account with the email address that you contact us with.
If you have given us your mobile phone number we may update your account with it and use it to contact you. Please let us know if your details such as your address, mobile number and/or email address change so that we can keep your records up to date.
Provision of specific information
You can request a copy of the information that we hold about you at any time by contacting us at the address referred to below. The provision of this information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently £10).
South Staffs Water Plc
To help us keep our database up to date we would be grateful if you would let us know as soon as any of your contact details change or if you notice any inaccuracies in them.
Protecting your information
We follow good industry practices to safeguard your information such as example checking your identity when you contact us.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. You should also be aware that information sent by email could be deliberately or accidently intercepted or corrupted.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Links to other websites
If you contact us by telephone, your call may be recorded for training and service-related purposes. We also monitor email communications and may restrict delivery under certain circumstances
Last updated: June 2016