How to ensure that you comply with the regulations

If you are a contractor who is going to carry out the work:

You should obtain a set of the regulations, amendments and the guidance documents from HMSO or a Water Regulations Guide from WRAS and ensure that you carry out work according to the regulations. See our regulations section for more information.

Alternatively you could apply to join WaterSafe or the Water Industry Approved Plumber Scheme (WIAPS) to become an Approved Contractor.

If you are having the work carried out on your behalf:

You should ensure that the person or company you employ is aware of the regulations and will carry out works, which comply with them.

One way of achieving this is to employ an Approved Plumber who will be familiar with the Regulations.