Our five year business plan
Extra care services
At Cambridge Water we offer a range of services for our water customers who may have extra needs such as those who are elderly, disabled or have a medical condition.
Register your needs
To give you the best possible service we keep a confidential register of customers who have individual needs. The register means our staff know how best to assist you. If you would like to register for any of the following services please call us on 01223 706050.
If you require additional help from us, you may also need help from your gas and electricity/water suppliers. Water/energy companies offer schemes and support similar to ours, for example password schemes or getting bills in large print/Braille.
Services you can register for:
- Large print and Braille - All of our bills and brochures are available in large print or Braille
- Talking bill or leaflet - We can call you will details about your bill and any accompanying leaflets before we send it so you can ask us any questions
- Typetalk - Textphone users can also contact us via RNID Typetalk. Simply dial 18001 01223 706050
- Email - Let us know your email address and we can communicate with you via email. Update your details
- Reading the meter - If you cannot read your meter because it is hard for you to reach it, please let us know. We may be able to reposition it to a more accessible place as long as your plumbing arrangements allow. If you are blind or partially sighted we can arrange for a meter reading service so you can check on your own consumption in-between bills.
- Emergency water supply - Some customers are entitled to special deliveries of water if we have to interrupt the water supply. If you are infirm and could not carry water from an emergency bowser situated 50 meters away, or if you have specific special needs such as a kidney patient on home dialysis we will deliver bottled water to you.
- Appoint a carer or friend to deal with your bills - If you find it difficult to read or understand your bills, or you have someone else looking after your affairs, we will be happy to talk to them with your written permission. All correspondence, including bills can be sent directly to them. You can withdraw this permission at any time.
- Password protection - Our password protection scheme can help protect you against bogus callers. All you have to do is let us know the password you would like us to use if we visit you. The password will only be known to you and us. When any employees visit you ask them to give you the password before you let them in. Remember: Knock knock. Who's there? Be stranger aware!