Our five year business plan
Bogus caller action plan
Five point action plan:
Distraction burglary can be a distressing crime – especially as most victims are elderly or vulnerable members of society.
More than half of bogus caller crimes committed in the UK are carried out by criminals pretending to be from the “water board.”
To help raise awareness of the situation in our region Cambridge Water has issued the following five point action plan:
1) BEFORE YOU LET ANYONE INTO YOUR HOME THINK!
2) Make sure the caller is genuine – If the caller says they are from a water company, ring to check their identity. A genuine caller WILL NOT mind waiting
3) Avoid keeping large amounts of money in your home
4) If a bogus caller attempts to, or manages to get into your home, call the police immediately
5) Password protection – register a password with your water company. Anyone from the company needing to gain access to your property will know the word and use it on request.
For more details call Cambridge Water on 01223 70 60 50.